Or choose a category from the list below:
Built on part of Edinburgh’s first city wall, the history of 17-18 Victoria Terrace is one of almost 600 years of adaptation and re-use: sustainability at its very best. Victoria Terrace was built c.1845, and both it and the building follow the line of the old city wall, the Murus Castri, which itself dates from 1426. The building has served as a leather works (1786), Institute for the Relief of Incurables (1866), sweetie factory (1905), bomb shelter (WW2), and copper etchers, until BTA turned it into multiple offices in 1989.
To download a more detailed and illustrated pdf of the history, click here.
For a video of Benjamin Tindall Architects, people and projects, click here.